Hello to all my May Watts families and friends, and welcome back for a new and exciting year in Project Arrow. The summer passes so quickly and already I am busy shopping for new things, setting up my classroom and planning new and challenging curriculum.
It has been a nice and relaxing summer for the Tobins, just as we had hoped. Jenny (my youngest daughter) is recovering beautifully and just last week began a new job. She works out regularly and is almost 100% back to her normal self. Again, thank you for all your prayers and well wishes; they have meant the world to us. After several years of studying out of state, my two older daughters are now living and working in Chicago....a blessing to us all!
As expected, there have been a few changes in our program at May Watts. I am in a new room on the fourth grade wing, Room 301(this may change before school starts). It's a great space, bright and sunny, and I am enjoying settling in and redecorating. I've been working hard on a literature committee this summer, and am excited to share many new and challenging lessons and projects. I have also spent some time on the design of my blog, and the process is just beginning. It's been fun collaborating with teachers and creating new tabs...links...resources. You may have already noticed that I have a separate tab (page) for each of the PA grade levels. Open up the appropriate grade level tab for news regarding curriculum, student resources, parent resources, projects, photos and more. Please feel free to contact me with any ideas that you may have pretaining to our units of study. For now, you will get a sneak peek of the core units of study for each grade level...through short summaries and images. Have fun browsing!