Welcome Back!!!
Here we are at the beginning of a new school year! Once again I feel energized by all of the happy children at May Watts School. We are all so lucky to have such a WARM and WELCOMING place to come to every day. I hope you all had a wonderful summer....full of sun and fun; I know that I did.
This summer the Tobin family made a return visit to South Africa to visit the gracious people who helped us when my daughter Jenny was sick last year. For those of you who did not know me then, my daughter was volunteering in Durban, South Africa when she experienced a serious blood clot. As you can imagine, we were quite concerned, and rushed quickly to her side. Remarkably Jenny came through this crisis, and today she is happy and perfectly healthy, teaching kindergarten in Chicago. We know that we are most certainly blessed, and we are so very grateful. It was so nice to have the opportunity to return to Durban and thank all the people who cared for Jenny and the rest of our family for those six weeks. They took in strangers from a far away place, and made us part of their extended family. The Tobins will remember them forever.
Below is a photo taken of Jenny, my husband and me, at a surprise luncheon at Entabeni Hospital in South Africa. You can see how happy we were to see everyone.
I will be meeting with your children on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, depending on some other planned beginning of the school year events. I look forward to seeing them and hearing all about their summer adventures. Your children are truly a gift to me, and I value each and every day being their gifted resource teacher. It is going to be a great year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment