Here I am on Sunday evening, getting ready for the new week. It's been a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I am happy and thankful. At our house, twenty-five Tobin family and friends gather each year on Thanksgiving. It's a bit hectic, but so much fun. I hope you all had quality time with your family. I imagine you are all well-rested, and ready to go!
I will be attending the NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Math). The mission of this organization is to provide the public voice of mathematics education, supporting teachers to ensure equitable mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students through vision, leadership, professional development, and research. Since part of my professional responsibility is to support teachers in their learning and teaching of math, I feel honored to attend this conference. The professional development I will receive and bring back to May Watts will most definitely enhance my effectiveness in teaching our PA Math units (math problem solving, economics, geometric explorations, hands-on-algebra), as well as supporting our classroom teachers in Common Core Math.
I will not be seeing my PA students on Thursday and Friday of this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment