Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Spring...for REAL!/ IPPA PTA Update


Isn't this picture lovely? It was taken two years ago when I spent the summer in Singapore with my husband. We visited many beautiful places, one of them being Bali. I really did take this picture with my camera...I promise!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week off from school; I know I did. I spent my week spending time with family and friends in charming Naperville and downtown Chicago. It was perfect! How lucky we are to have had some true spring-like weather this week. Now it's back to school for the final stretch; and I'm ready. Please take a few minutes to check your grade level page.

The April meeting for our IPPA PTA has been changed from April 21 to April 28. 

In addition to our election and an Administration update, we'll have a presentation from Scott Meech — Education Professional Development Executive from Apple, Inc.
 
Scott will present information about technology trends in education, with a focus on Gifted Education. He likely will touch upon some interesting resources available from Apple.
 

Scott Meech joined Apple after 18 years in public and private education including four years of international teaching. Meech earned his masters in education in curriculum and technology in 2005 and has an educational leadership endorsement via Johns Hopkins University. After Scott began his teaching career in social studies, he quickly realized his passion to transform education. As a result, he transitioned into district administration positions including integration specialist and then into lead administrator, leading two separate 1:1 digital learning initiatives in Illinois. His experience includes adjunct professor, co-chair of Illinois’ Computing Educator Conference (ICE), founder of I Education Apps Review, App of Approval, EdReach.us, site creator of two extension Students in Technology conferences, and extensive history of consulting work for school districts.
 

No comments: