The leaves are falling, the air has chilled....it certainly feels like autumn has officially arrived. I don't know about you, but for the moment, I'm enjoying the season. I was very lucky to have the opportunity on Saturday to attend an all day conference at Northwestern University. Dr. Sharon Kaplan, a Professor at the University of Southern California, and a leader in the field of gifted education, presented her curricula design "Differentiation: 8 Key Components" to over one hundred educators. She is truly a "guru" in Gifted Education, and my head is still spinning from all the ideas and information she shared with us. The Center for Talent Development at Northwestern provides a valuable resource to our community. Many of my students have attended camps and workshops sponsored by Northwestern University, and the educational opportunities they provide for gifted children is impressive! Clink on the link below if you are interested in learning more about these programs.
I hope that you have a great week and enjoy the "Wonders of Autumn."
http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/
There's a new gadget on our blog. Look to the right of this post, at the very top. It's called Puzzle of the Day. Have you ever played the game Set? If not, there is a tutorial on this link to help you. I love this game. It forces me to use logical thinking and helps me practice our visual senses. Have fun!
There's a new gadget on our blog. Look to the right of this post, at the very top. It's called Puzzle of the Day. Have you ever played the game Set? If not, there is a tutorial on this link to help you. I love this game. It forces me to use logical thinking and helps me practice our visual senses. Have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment