What a magnificent weekend! It certainly looks and feels as though autumn has officially arrived. For the moment, it's wonderful....football, spring jackets, warm socks....but I know that the inevitable bone-chilling weather is not far behind. I guess I need to enjoy every autumn minute...while it lasts!
There are several things going on that I would like to review with you. Some of this is new..some "not so new."
Mrs. May has asked all teachers to direct parents to her blog/websight, to learn about the new reading incentive program. Her address is mwlmc.blogspot.com. This is always an important program for students at May Watts, especially our PA students...who love to read!!
Letters have been sent home with all 4th and 5th graders who expressed interest in our Math Olympiad Program. This is a before-school math club, designed for students who love math, and want to become better problem solvers. This club will meet in my room on Friday mornings, beginning in late October, from 8:00 until 9:00. It's an awesome program, but not for just anyone; particpants need to be be willing to work, and have a commitment to math. If your child did not bring home a letter, and you would like to learn more about Math Olympiad, please ask them to come see me. Again, it is for 4th and 5th grade students only, and you do not need to be in PA to participate. Mrs. Sharma and I work together to strengthen math problem solving skills, and have fun at the same time. Permission slips should be returned by the end of this week. To learn more about Math Olympiad click on
http://www.moems.org/program.htm.
Dr. Jim Delisle is speaking at Metea Valley High School Auditorium this Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM. He is an expert in Gifted Education, especially as it relates to social and emotional development. Tickets are $10.00 and can be purchased beforehand at www.ippapta.eventbrite.com
http://www.moems.org/program.htm.
Dr. Jim Delisle is speaking at Metea Valley High School Auditorium this Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM. He is an expert in Gifted Education, especially as it relates to social and emotional development. Tickets are $10.00 and can be purchased beforehand at www.ippapta.eventbrite.com
Many of you signed up for a fall conference with me in November. If you have not, and would like a conference, please email me. I have a few openings, and will happily pencil you in. If it is inconvenient for you to come to school for a conference, a phone conference is another option. My email address is patricia_tobin@ipsd.org.
Have a wonderful week. Remember, I am here to answer any questions that you might have.
No comments:
Post a Comment