Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome to a new school year, Project Arrow Students and Families!


Dear Parents and Friends,

Welcome back! I can’t tell you how excited I am to see all of you, and begin the new school year. The weeks have certainly passed quickly; I hope they were filled with special time with family and friends. I’ll be anxious to hear all about your summer fun.
My summer has been quite special and unusual. I had the opportunity to spend most of it traveling around Singapore and other parts of Southeast Asia. My husband has been working on a special project for his company there, and we were blessed to have the summer months together. While on the other side of the world, I visited Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand. Each and every place I visited was lovely and special in its own way. I enjoyed myself immensely and learned more than I could ever imagine. I am anxious to share some of my pictures and experiences with all of you. Luckily, Mr. Tobin’s job in Singapore will end before the Christmas holidays, and the Tobin’s will all be living on the same continent! I have included some of my favorite pictures below for you to enjoy. I’m hoping that you will bring some of your summer photos to PA to share as well!!
Patti Tobin

Bali, Indonesia
 
Hong Kong
 
Singapore
 
Project Arrow News!!
In order to provide your children the appropriate amount of time to adjust to their new teacher and classroom, I will not begin seeing of my Project Arrow students until Monday or Tuesday of next week. During our first meeting I will hand out and review your child’s weekly schedule. This schedule will also be published on my blog for your review as soon as everything has been finalized. Again, we will be meeting in Room 301.
How To Prepare for a New Year in Project Arrow
Returning PA students- You will need to bring your 3 ring binder and all classroom school supplies, such as pencils, erasers, glue sticks, highlighters, one blue or black ballpoint pen and one package of loose leaf paper (any size). This paper can be put into your child’s binder to use throughout the school year. There is no need to purchase a new binder, unless the one your child used last year is in a state of disrepair.
New PA students-
If you are a second grader, you will only need to bring your classroom school supplies (same as listed above) and two solid- colored pocket folders.
New third, fourth and fifth grade PA students will need to purchase a solid colored, 3 ring binder (0.5 or 0.75 inch spine). If you are purchasing a new binder, the ones with the clear plastic covers work best for PA. Please include one package of loose leaf paper in the binder. You will also need to bring your classroom school supplies to class.
If you have any questions regarding PA materials, feel free to wait and purchase them after school begins. This will give me an opportunity to show and discuss these materials with your child on our first day.
 
Curriculum Night
I will be presenting an overview of District 204’s Gifted and Talented Program (Project Arrow) on the evening of September 11. In the past I have invited the parents of all new PA students and the parents of students who may have transferred into the program mid-year to attend this presentation. We will meet at 6:00 PM and end before the first classroom presentation begins. Please mark your calendars!
Fall Conferences
Please remember to sign up for fall conferences at Curriculum Night. The PA sign-up sheet will be with the classroom sign up sheets. Please note that due to the number of students that I teach, conferences will be 10 minutes long. I am always available to meet with you, throughout the school year if a concern arises. I am also available to answer/discuss questions with you via email and the phone.
Email – patricia_tobin@ipsd.org            Phone – 630-428-6725
 

No comments: