Monday, August 26, 2013

2013-14 School Year (Day 3)

Hello Project Arrow Families and Friends! I hope you are all doing well adjusting to your new routines. I know how overwhelming it can be establishing bedtimes, shopping for supplies and saying "Goodbye, have a nice day," to your sweet little ones.

Although quite warm, all seems to be going well at Watts....and I have enjoyed seeing many of your children in the halls, as they travel to lunch or specials. I know many of them are anxious to start their new year (and for some, first year) in Project Arrow. I, too, am feeling anxious to get starting with our regular weekly routine. This year, there have been a few scheduling glitches and some extenuating circumstances that needed to be addressed, resulting in me putting off our "official start" until Wednesday. Also, as some of you already know, I have an adopted son from Honduras who has been a member of my family for the past seven years. Tomorrow, August 28, he will be sworn in as a citizen of the US. I will be taking the day off to attend this  ceremony in Chicago. It will most certainly be a proud day for the Tobin Family! It will be fun to see all those cute....cheerful....and yes, hot little faces on Wednesday!! I can't wait!

In the meantime, please do not worry about PA supplies. I will go over the list with all of my students in class. If you have already purchased/gathered them (listed on weeks post) and are ready to send them to school, that is great, however, they are not expected to have everything they need on the first day.

I wish you all a happy beginning of the school year, and look forward to seeing you and working with your children this year. Take care and stay cool!

Patti Tobin

No comments: