Sunday, October 6, 2013

Time to curl up with a good book!

Happy October everyone! I hope you've all had a chance to enjoy the beautiful signs of autumn. Yesterday when the wind was blowing, it looked like it was raining leaves. It was so pretty, but of course I couldn't help but think, who is going to rake all those leaves? Since my husband is still working in Singapore for a few more months, I think I'll be the one working in the yard!!
 
 
 
I am excited to begin our literature study for grades 3, 4 and 5 this week. It's a perfect time of the year to snuggle up with a good book, and our PA choices are exceptional. As we begin our literature exploration we will be focusing on the literary elements true to all genres...characters, setting, plot, and resolution. We will also look for the major theme(s) or the big ideas that are reflected in the story that is being told, and the symbols that represent them. The journey is both fun and fascinating.
 
As we work together enjoying the week in school, you too enjoy your first week of October!


No comments: